Tuesday 4 February 2014

Music Festival Wish List

As I'm sure many of you already know, I have a major love for Music and Festivals! Unfortunately, I have only ever done Glastonbury Festival as it's so close to where I live (and so amazing). So I'm not sure how I would find going to a different one. I have been twice now and will be going again this year too! But as I have said in my 101 Things list, I do actually want to go to a Music Festival that isn't Glastonbury! So I decided to do a little research to figure out which ones I would like to attend in the future - kind of like a Wish List! Let me know if you have been to any of these and if they are worth going to! 


Bestival is a four day Music Festival held in Robin Hill Country Park, Isle of Wight. It takes place in September, which I think this would be an awesome way to end the Summer! With tickets costing £195 plus a booking fee, it is up there with the more expensive Music Festivals, but in my opinion it is usually worth every penny. I cannot think of anything better than chilling out in the sun (or rain) with a can of cider (or beverage of your choice) listening to Live Music! Previous acts include Snoop Dogg, Bastille, Florence & the Machine, Two Door Cinema Club & Ellie Goulding. It all sounds pretty amazing too me; this may well be one for me to seriously consider in the future! Have you ever been to Bestival? Let me know what you thought of it, or whether it's a Festival you would like to go to as well.

  
This is a Music Festival that is a little more local to my home (taking place on the Wiltshire/Dorset border) and I therefore question why I have never been! It has been described as one of the most family-friendly festivals around, so I doubt there would be any worries of the occasional odd ball approaching you & offering you drugs (this sometimes happens at Glastonbury - Sorry Mr Eavis). This Festival last for five days, with live music playing on all of those days! Many of the previous acts who have played I do not recognise; but there are a couple of familiar names such as Van Morrison, KT Tunstall & Paloma Faith. However, with Comedians such as Russell Kane, Tim Minchin & Alistar McGowan having made previous appearances, the idea of going to this Festival is quickly growing on me. And as well as this, they also have a Secret Garden area that offers Swedish & Thai Massages & Indian Head Massages!! Wow. It is clear that Larmer Tree Festival offers plently more than just Music!


The Reading and Leeds Festivals take place simultaneously on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the August bank holiday weekend, sharing the same acts. Such a random yet excellent idea as it allows people from opposite ends of the UK to enjoy the Festival! Having looked at the previous headliners and with some of this years acts having been announced, this is probably the most suitable to my music taste. I don't actually know many people who have been here, so if you have please let me know what you think of it - I would love to hear from you in the comments box below.

 Radio1's Big Weekend

I am absolutely dying to go to the Radio1 Big Weekend one year. I'm sure you are all aware, but just incase you aren't, Radio1's Big Weekend is a Music Festival run my Radio1 and is held in a different location each year. You cannot buy tickets. You have to register to apply for tickets which are completely free, but allocated at random. This years festival is in Glasgow and I would love to go. I have never been before and I think the fact that although they have 60,000 tickets to give away, it is still so exclusive. I register every year and am yet to be lucky enough to get a ticket! As one of the biggest free ticketed music events in Europe, I think it would be an amazing experience as well as a once in a life time opportunity - as the chances of being allocated a free ticket more than once is probably pretty slim! Have you ever been?


So that is my Music Festival Wish List. Let me know if you have been to any of these yourself, or if you have any others that you would recommend.

 
ZoFlo

2 comments:

  1. I've been to Reading a couple of times... the site is pretty good from what I remember but I thought the headliners were disappointing. Not sure if it was just the acts themselves (Kings of Leon told us that they didn't give a s**t!) but it was a bit of a let down! The food stalls are amazing though. And there's a lot of hilarious people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That's such a shame when you pay all that money! I really want to try a different Festival at some point but I'm scared! Haha. xx

      Delete